Katie Jensen - Company Message

The Island
Conflict and Intimacy

Categories

Ask Katie
Conflict
Love
Love and Acceptance....go together.
Thanksgiving 2012
The first step to change....
Thought for the day
powered by

My Blog

Conflict and Intimacy

22301 438130522901140 17134322 n The dialectic of forgiveness

Thinking more...no one can stay centered all the time. We will all veer off that center point. If we fear conflict, we fear intimacy. If we fear peace, we fear intimacy. Real intimacy develops as we tolerate this dance of imperfection and humanness. It's like mindfulness. The work of mindfulness is not some perfect point of awareness that is maintained at full intensity at all times. It is the dance back and forth, that creates human awareness and perception. We are not perfect perceiving beings. And the most agregious errors in perception occur with the thought that we are without distortion, instead of the awareness that distortions in thinking and perceiving are a constant. In fact, this awareness has within it, the power to find forgiveness, peace and love. (oh how cliche'! in a time where righteousness and war are so popular, and love seems so powerless and silly).

The same is true for intimacy. It's the dance between distance and closeness.  It's not just the dervishes that whirl...we all whirl! For years of my practice in DBT, it seems impossible to find a place of perfect balance and stay there at all times. We all get hungry, angry, lonely and tired. We have our judgments and distortions. Some people hide those judgments, keep them to themselves, (unless they are surrounded by allies). Others let them rip, exposing them and even imposing them on all around them. Both ends are polar opposites and the dance goes back and forth between the extremes.

It is in our honest awareness of this dance that peace comes. That is the moment in time, when I no longer have to judge you for being off balance or "that one time when..." It's that moment when I can accept with clarity the truth that includes my own lack of balance at times. The times I have judged, thought ill of you, hated you, or cursed you under my breath. It is through acceptance that we notice the distance it causes. It is through awareness that we see how we create distance when we forget that this is a dance for all kind...not just some. It's not just "the crazy people who get off balance". It's not just the ones with mental illness who lose their balance, it's not just the "wrong" people, or the alcoholics, or the ones with autism or down's syndrome, or parkinson's or the "selfish and self centered". It's not just the bums in the park who have lost their way. It is me, when I judge you.

Nope. It's us, when we begin thinking that "others" are wrong. When we focus our judgments on them, when we lose the reality that our perceptions about how life should be are fraught with judgments and are as off balance as anyone with a mental disorder. The moment we think another human less than ourselves we have begun the lie. We have thrown ourselves off center. The moment we let anger and judgement move forward in condescension and rescue, the moment we move back in distance due to lies about how we cannot tolerate someone else, we have departed from center.

It's okay, it's alright. But coming home to love, acceptance and forgiveness is the dance. It's different that "tolerating" someone while hiding your true feelings. That's inauthentic, it's not comfortable, it eats away at the soul to be fake. It's not avoiding people or "putting them on the island of forsakeness". Nope. It's total acceptance of our humanness first our own, then theirs.

As we move toward the holidays, this is a good time to examine the list of relatives, loved ones, that you may have "put on the island". The ones you distance from, the ones you may not wish to see or speak with, gather with and love. Who are they? And instead of making that list of judgments in your head about why they don't deserve your love, and instead of ignoring your true feelings so they sit on the shelf of your perception like righteous King babies of love, ask yourself how you are like the ones you dislike the most. Ask yourself if that list of judgments fits you in any way? Then forgive yourself for being human. Then love yourself for seeking truth. Then pat yourself on the back for seeking truth and authenticity, and then finally find yourself home...and in love with every person surrounding you.

Instead of just watching the whirling dervishes, just know you are always dancing with them whether you perceive it or not...then open your eyes and dance with all your heart!

94 Comments to Conflict and Intimacy:

Comments RSS
IT Support on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:13 AM
That's wonderful stuff you've written up here.

Wesley Door on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 12:23 PM
Aloha, I should say it was a really fabulous experience for me when I dropped by at your website. I just needed to commend you on the high quality of the work you have done here and to wish you the best of luck with it as you develop in the coming years. It was nice to view your site and I will surely be stopping by again soon to find out how you are doing. Thanks and I shall see you here soon - Aiden Fitters

essayontime fraud on Friday, June 21, 2013 11:33 AM
I think persons should proceed on holidays regularly because by doing it they will ease a lot of tension from themselves.

vas 5054a v19 on Sunday, July 07, 2013 8:50 PM
Audi-VW Airbag Reseter works without additional computer and trough car OBD II connector can erase airbag sensor "crash data" or only fault memory.feng

Pharmacy Supplier on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:23 AM
It's really nice information provided by you. Thanks for sharing this with us.

online pokies australia on Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:30 AM
The moment we think another human less than ourselves we have begun the lie.

shanghaiweiqi on Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:42 PM
Hello, you used to write excellent.

Dominic Carloni on Monday, October 28, 2013 10:32 PM
tool regarding verification

Click Here on Friday, November 29, 2013 4:38 AM
Thanx for the effort, keep up the good work Great work, I am going to start a small Blog Engine course work using your site I hope you enjoy blogging with the popular Blog Engine.

Forklift Training Melbourne on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 11:10 AM
Your article is very nice. You have provided interesting information. I will return to your site often to check. Keep up with your good work.

www.sezerfm.com on Monday, December 09, 2013 8:46 PM
For now, Washio is only available in Los Angeles and in San Francisco, where the company just recently launched. But already, it’s seeing pretty solid demand. In L.A. in particular, its “ninjas” generally stay in specific neighborhoods where they do pickups and dropoffs, which speeds up the process.

SEO Orange County CA on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:19 AM
No, you could cut the course without knowing, I suppose. My guess is when they came to that intersection some runners were already on there way back. Thus, if they looked to their right they may have seen runners going in that direction and simply followed them.

drukkerij kontich on Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:53 AM
really unbelievable part as well data-able. really I have reassess this full part. But I am not pledge to get this minutia and figures. I need a twosome of more minutia and figures. Are you provide minutia ?

seo services on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:56 PM
While state-specific certification is a requirement to obtain a real estate sales associate or broker's license, only a high school degree is needed to get started. Sales associates and brokers can work in different fields within the real estate industry, including industrial land sales, commercial retail space leasing and office suite sales. There is a high earnings potential based on property demand and the agent's salesmanship. Yours truely.............

http://darmowe-gry-hazardowe.com.pl/ on Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:50 PM
no compact expense?

Office Supplies Melbourne on Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:36 AM
Hi, nice post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for sharing.

term paper on Monday, January 06, 2014 3:36 AM
Since there are tons of content on the web, I came across your own house interesting and well-observed. I just would like that you might are making your current level clearer as well as a bit more argumentative. That could spice some misconception.

schilderwerken on Friday, January 10, 2014 8:12 AM
Algemene Schilderwerken say: I am happy with you help and thanks for such nice work.

zlew on Friday, January 17, 2014 9:26 AM
interesting things?

steve austin on Monday, January 20, 2014 12:13 AM
Good post!! I am pleased to read your post. I was searching for the related topic you discussed in there. Good job. All the best.

jobs in canada on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:53 AM
Thankx for more info.

kamagra on Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:48 AM
no conflict - no intimacy

樂威壯 on Sunday, January 26, 2014 12:20 AM
no conflict - no intimacy

personal resume on Monday, January 27, 2014 5:45 AM
The importance we understand additional being lower than ourselves we contain begun the prevaricate. We receive thrown ourselves eccentric midst. The consequence we allow irritate moreover judgement migration relay in condescension plus save, the importance we spur corroborate in dissociate owing to reposes about how we cannot sustain somebody other, we get departed from seat.

mobil sedan corolla on Sunday, February 02, 2014 6:21 AM
Hi, nice post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for sharing.

security services san francisc on Monday, February 03, 2014 7:50 AM
Thanks for sharing this useful information! Hope that you will continue doing a nice article like this. I will be one of your loyal readers if you maintain this kind of post! This is one of the best posts I found so far. The contents are very good and very informative.

Lipozene on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 11:16 AM
I honestly think you would have fully sold me on the idea had you been able to back up your premis with a substantial bit more solid facts.

Lipozene on Thursday, February 06, 2014 1:33 PM
It’s amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often.

Diet Pills US on Monday, February 10, 2014 12:02 AM
I hope she continues to visit. She is dancing side to side as I type - I've never seen her do that

http://grywam.com/ on Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:20 PM
Hello to all visitors, cheers :)

lowongan kerja on Monday, February 24, 2014 12:16 PM

political news on Friday, April 04, 2014 7:47 AM
It is extremely helpful for me. Thank you for taking the time to discuss Conflict-and-Intimacy, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? Thanks

wetten on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:44 PM
wetten

Jason on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:25 AM
Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs…

Hydroxycut on Thursday, May 01, 2014 5:49 AM
I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world.

SlimQuick on Friday, May 02, 2014 3:25 AM
I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your approaching updates

Lipozene on Saturday, August 09, 2014 10:16 PM
Always has really good posts and topics please keep it up! loads of blogs are going under lately from lack of new posts etc

Weight Loss on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:47 AM

Best Wedding Photographer in Jaipur, on Monday, August 25, 2014 5:34 AM
Its very informative, interactive and quality content.

Event Organizer In Jaipur on Monday, August 25, 2014 5:35 AM
Commenting on the right blogs is mandatory :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Coolum Accommodation on Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:53 AM
Whats up, this is brilliant article. I seriously enjoyed reading. Nevertheless there are plenty of off topic comments. I seriously suggest you to get rid of or something like that. That is only my opinion. All the best!

Press Release In Singapore on Friday, August 29, 2014 12:07 PM
It is really nice to read such a good post…I like it…

no win no fee on Tuesday, September 02, 2014 2:35 AM
Just wanted to say that this car service is FANTASTIC!
Reply to comment

Webcreation- Web Development Company Singapore on Friday, September 05, 2014 12:07 PM
Thanks a lot for this awesome post. Keep up the good work. I’ll be coming back lots. I agree with most of the points you make within this content...

Office Furniture Supplier on Friday, September 19, 2014 12:43 PM
I really like your post. Thanks and please keep it up..

crush injury on Saturday, December 06, 2014 2:13 AM
I am no longer a number of where by you might be getting the details, although excellent topic. I need to spend an afternoon studying far more or understanding far more. As well as your internet site is extremely great and Greatest desires for ones potential.

First Aid Courses on Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:10 AM
I'm positive to discover it extremely supporting along with great for us, since it contains parcel associated with faultless indicating in regards to the position, i seemed to be seeking out. Very much valued along with beneficial performance.

best papers on Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:14 AM
On our Principal’s request the founder of the school, who is a scared saint, came forward. You can consult the best company which is original essay writing. They need different types of essays related to the medicines; the essays on medical assistant are one of them.

big face watches on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 8:23 PM
I just book marked your blog on Digg and StumbleUpon I enjoy reading your commentaries

Rone on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:49 AM

best work boots for women on Sunday, June 28, 2015 9:34 AM
Choosing the appropriate shoe for the specific demands of the job is essential to ensuring that a safety shoe provides the proper protection. But selecting the correct shoe for the job is only half the battle, experts say.

top rated milk frother on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 3:20 AM
very good & decent dispatched remarks. I discovered out out out this much informative, as to what I was unquestionably searching for. Thanks for such dispatched remarks and comprise it up.

essaymania team on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:14 AM
Life is not easy at all we just have to compromise on things that we like and also we don't like. It is just acceptance of our faith on true lines.

Marisha Visovsky on Thursday, October 01, 2015 8:01 AM
door to your apartment?

Dwayne Pengelly on Thursday, October 01, 2015 9:04 AM
someone whose to say his stuff?

Sammy Klenovich on Thursday, October 01, 2015 1:28 PM
too substantially attention?

Joel Lamison on Thursday, October 01, 2015 5:54 PM
the incontrovertible fact that it really is precisely?

Joan Magnia on Thursday, October 01, 2015 6:41 PM
the first barrier between?

Madge Carcieri on Thursday, October 01, 2015 10:43 PM
the consumer likes to?

Jimmie Ashbach on Saturday, October 03, 2015 2:31 AM
ornaments and other?

Cleta Dimitriou on Saturday, October 03, 2015 4:21 AM
that delivers to our apartment?

Jermaine Crossan on Saturday, October 03, 2015 1:03 PM
can often be a form of?

Leonore Penoyer on Saturday, October 03, 2015 9:35 PM
however, a sound company?

Emmitt Husain on Sunday, October 04, 2015 4:55 PM
the same as some other room?

Tod Mulrooney on Monday, October 05, 2015 12:43 AM
ask humiliating questions?

Terresa Ronda on Monday, October 05, 2015 7:18 AM
that afterward crossing?

Willian Maritn on Monday, October 05, 2015 1:10 PM
decoration of this apartment?

Stuart Covell on Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:37 AM
Although the overall finishing?

Betsey Bucchin on Thursday, October 15, 2015 8:20 AM
Although your finishing?

Travis Oiler on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:17 PM
Although within principle?

Hanh Revermann on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 3:39 PM
professional answers can?

Cheap Fake Handbags on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 1:41 AM
It's us, when we begin thinking that "others" are wrong

fake watches uk on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 8:36 PM
If we fear conflict, we fear intimacy.

whois.uanic.name on Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:52 AM
Thanks!!!

emergency first aid at work on Monday, November 30, 2015 3:10 AM
Awesome blog site. We loved looking at the articles or blog posts. This can be truly a fantastic understand for me. I've got book-marked it along with I'm looking forward to looking at brand new articles or blog posts. Sustain the nice function!

graniet tafelblad on Friday, January 01, 2016 12:21 AM
Interesting%20post%20and%20thanks%20for%20sharing.%20Some%20things%20in%20here%20I%20have%20not%20thought%20about%20before.%20,

Neal Caffrey on Thursday, January 21, 2016 12:56 PM
Audi-VW Airbag Reseter works without extra PC and trough auto OBD II connector can delete airbag sensor "crash information" or just blame memory. Thanks!

shanzy cloth on Friday, March 25, 2016 11:05 PM
the periods carefully. This means you have to give yourself here we are at relax and recovery as well. The third thing is that you must ensure that you dedicate a chance to each major muscular of the individual body. This is to ensure that all the muscle tissue in major areas receive enough attention and that you create out more beautifully as well as. Work on your everyday diet strategy. If you really want http://bestbody-buildingworkouts.com/

sdo ll8310 on Sunday, March 27, 2016 10:51 PM
Therefore observe appropriate diet plan, Muscle Building exercises and discipline and find out how to get muscle tissue quicker. Thank you for reading my article I hope you found it informative. There are a lot more articles plus you can claim a FREE ebook on muscle creating and training guidelines for the over http://bestbodybuilding-training.com/

shazia doll on Monday, March 28, 2016 10:54 PM
Enhance or reduce periods on your own. True HIIT coaching has a 1:2 ratio of attempt to relax. HIIT should not be done more than every other day- you will not receive greater advantages by doing more, and in reality you open yourself up to overtraining and injuries if you don't allow your whole individual http://fitness-focuses.com/

zoy ab8791 on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 10:53 PM
then you need to add some excess fat to the bar. If performing even one rep is difficult or impossible, then you need to drop some fat. Conclusion Because of the nature of raising large, there will be more of a neurological improvement of durability than of muscular dimension, so don't expect to get large with this kind of coaching. Also, the same highest possible raises can't be done all a lot of your time because they wear out your neurological program. Different raises have to be substituted now and then: http://powerlifting-classic.com/

sunar pari on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:51 PM
Buckle. You will end up doing yourself more damage in the future and will save yourself a lot of lumbar discomfort later in life of you just leave the buckle at house. The chest place muscle is a big and http://fittips-campus.com/

pyari guria on Friday, April 01, 2016 10:57 PM
individual body break down and assimilate necessary protein. So if you can't seem to get ripped or melt away fat, maybe more necessary protein is not the answer. Maybe you just need to help your whole individual http://muscletips-college.com/

doll pyari on Sunday, April 03, 2016 10:40 PM
recommended foods categories. The top suggestion is to avoid refined foods at all cost, other than that you should eat a organic balanced diet strategy. Some of the foods you must consist of are whole grain, fresh lean meat, chicken eggs, nuts, seafood, fresh fresh vegetables and fruit. Number Two Whole Body http://pretraining-fitness.com/

sana baig on Monday, April 04, 2016 10:57 PM
marathon places and raise until they drop. 24 is the utmost you must do and, if you pushed yourself difficult enough, that's all you can really do. 2. 8-12 Reps This is where it gets more controversial. The reduced the reps, the more you concentrate on durability. The higher the reps, the more you concentrate on increased circulation. And you need both to develop fast. What I've discovered most http://muscle-preparation.com/

FreshEssay on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:39 AM
Nowadays, don't using online education it is at least unwise.

Professional Writers on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:26 AM
"Open your eyes and dance with all your heart" it`s a great piece of advice))Thanks for such a great post.It was really interesting to read.By the way,if somebody have some difficulties with writing,this agency is the best way ot for you.Don`t be afraid to ask for help.

Grand-Essays Writing on Friday, July 01, 2016 1:15 AM
Learning intimacy is the art and the person that has learned how to understand his or her own body can become really successful. Everyone is also welcome to the reliable and high-quality writing service if they need help with creating premium essays.

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome on Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:26 AM
Really, fat makes your skin young and oily, but excessive fat harm for your health and skin. So, at first you must burn your fat to increase the beauty of your skin.

Repliche Orologi on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 12:12 AM

Meghan Forbes on Thursday, September 08, 2016 1:09 AM
Transform the way you look. Your our wellness and wellness and fitness will also improve.Weight coaching needs correct strategy. An excellent guide to muscle getting is the course called Muscle Gaining Secrets and guides both beginners and others through a muscle-building program. When done ... c4preworkoutgreat gaingymjunkies myfitnessrevealed preworkoutmuscle stayfitsports

Allen Morris on Friday, September 09, 2016 12:24 AM
Item like this that gives you necessary protein in a concentrated kind. Made with extra top high quality necessary protein, Dymatize is definitely a most efficient substitute for foods stuffs containing this ... http://intensetraningsupp.com/ http://musclesupplementsrev.com/ http://myworkoutsupp.com/ http://preworkoutfacts.com/ http://supplementreviewsabt.com/

Allen Morris on Friday, September 09, 2016 12:26 AM
Escalated. Peptides are, in reality, the most bio-available necessary protein. In lay terms, this indicates that proteins are the most easily usable necessary protein for one's body. There is enough research to .. http://intensetraningsupp.com/ http://musclesupplementsrev.com/ http://myworkoutsupp.com/ http://preworkoutfacts.com/ http://supplementreviewsabt.com/

writing phd thesis on Friday, September 22, 2017 4:30 AM
Thank you for sharing such a informative information with us. Keep on sharing the blog like this.