Katie Jensen - Company Message

The Island
Conflict and Intimacy

Categories

Ask Katie
Conflict
Love
Love and Acceptance....go together.
Thanksgiving 2012
The first step to change....
Thought for the day
powered by

My Blog

Acceptance and Weight Loss

"If you put your hand into a fire, does anyone have to tell you to move it? Do you have to decide? No: When your hand starts to burn, it moves. You don’t have to direct it; the hand moves itself. In the same way, once you understand, through inquiry, that an untrue thought causes suffering, you move away from it." Byron Katie

This has been one of the most influential changes in my life. Started years ago in 1994. It has not erased every problem in my life but practicing a non judgmental stance has been part of the solution to almost every problem I have ever had. "You cannot change what you don't accept." I spent the last 2 years working on acceptance of myself, my weight and my relationship with food. I once lost 100 lbs because I quit eating for 3 months. But I knew nothing really about myself and food at the time. This time, instead of focusing on weight loss (not in the here and now, future oriented eating, instead of here and now eating) I have spent my time focused on awareness. How my body really feels. Food is not my enemy. My body is not my enemy. If I hate the way I look or feel, I am out of sync with reality. I am judging and evaluating instead of observing and accepting what is. I accepted how I felt and through acceptance...this has been the crazy part, change happened. When the tears came and my judgements about myself and food, about my body, about feeling safe in the world, we're finally addressed with truth, changes began to occur smoothly and easily. Love and caring, self nurturing replaced denial. I didn't have to do anything but accept the truth about my relationship with food. And for many this is the hardest truth to accept. Dieting only covers up and hides the truth. There is only one true path to weight loss. It is acceptance and love. And, this is the way out of every compulsive behavior. We must stop judging. We must decide to put truth before all else. We will never have a perfect relationship with truth because the truth, like God, is not always within our grasp. But seeking truth...is a choice. If we are burdened by judgments, taught to us as children and followed blindly through life, the results of these judgments will be present in our outcomes. You can look at these judgment because they are entwined and part of every perceived problem. They become part of what happens to us in life. If our map is flawed with respect to the truth, we end up in places we did not intend to go.

How do we learn to replace reality with these flawed maps? Why would we believe things that are not true? This affliction related to the truth is born out of a paradigm of power and control. Power and control is the root of our problem with truth. Power and control is circumventing the truth with man or human made made punishments. It's a way that we impose our reality on others to control them. The result is, a distortion of truth. Power and control is imposing your reality on someone else in an effort to control them. When someone imposes their reality on you through yelling, punishment, pain and anguish interpretations of what is happening become distorted. The laws of nature are replaced by will. That's why we are always trying to use will power, instead of acceptance. We internalize the power and control. This is how we are taught will power. We learn to control our world instead of accepting and living in congruence with the way the world is. Self will run riot. Yes!! We are taught self will run riot through the use of power and control. And when we replace self will, the distortions of power and control, with truth and acceptance of what is....we can finally see the solution to our problems. We finally can see the path to peace, we can see that there is truly only one solution. The only solution is to live in harmony with truth. God is truth and the truth sets us free. The minute you replace self will, imposed judgments with the the truth...that is the minute you begin to change. One more thought before I end my Sunday morning stream of consciousness. This is why, love is so powerful. This is why love will always trump and trounce power and control. Love is acceptance. It is the bond, within the truth. If both truth and love exist in harmony...if we maintain constant contact with that which truly controls our behavior (the universe, biology, physics or God that is represented in truth) our outcomes can only be more universally effective. Our lives are a constant dance with what we truly can control (our search for truth) and that which we cannot control. Truth and love go together and when in harmony can change us in the most harmonious and congruent ways.

21 Comments to Acceptance and Weight Loss:

Comments RSS
Tammy Hudson on Monday, June 01, 2015 6:01 AM
Great blog post Katie! I love "Power and control is the root of our problem with truth." Boy does that resonate with me. I just need acceptance of everything exactly as it is (even when it's good) and I can find peace. Life is very good, but my judgements mess it all up.

Katie on Wednesday, June 03, 2015 7:36 AM
tammy...yes. When we cater to the power and control of someone else, or run from the power and control of someone else, we lose touch with our own feelings. The way out, is in. Inside. The feelings really do light the path ahead. But if we lose touch with ourselves and our feelings because we protect with anger or are filled with hurt or grief we don't want to touch, then we will look for truth and solutions outside ourselves. In an effort to avoid feelings we don't want to feel or are afraid to feel or simply because we have gotten so outward focused by habit of care taking, that we have forgotten how to go inside ourselves. Any recipe for change must include the truth about how we feel. The truth about our resistance or what we deny. I was good at denying my discomfort, my pain. Getting honest with myself helped me find the real wise mind daily solutions.

Microsoft Project Professional 2016 on Thursday, December 08, 2016 9:41 PM
cheap visualstudio keys , windows 7 professional license key , win 7 professional key , windows 7 activation , windows 10 activation technical preview , windows 10 key sale online , windows 8 professional genuine activation key , office mac 2011 keystore , svim7c
office pro 2016 buy
windows 10 product keys and iso download
Genuine windwos 7 pro keys and download
windows server 2016 essentials key sale online
buy cheap windows 10 professional product key

Peter Young on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:32 AM
Nice one!

taty on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:34 PM
thats actually nice weight loss post

birthday gifts on Saturday, October 24, 2015 4:35 AM
Weight loos indeed a very important thing those who are suffering from the obesity. And Katie has written such an inspirational article for readers. I would say you can gift any gym club membership or else create health regime.

Stock Tips on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:14 AM
The article is nice and its pleasant to read. It improve my basic knowledge in this field. I have known very important things over here.

joy on Monday, January 25, 2016 4:00 AM

data recovery free software on Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:06 AM
Are you worried when you lose your important data and can not find it back? This free data recovery software can help you more, and it is totally Free. Professional technique, Simple operation, Attentive service and Satisfactory results. This data recovery software is the best choice for you! Hope more people do not miss it.

celine bags on Monday, March 28, 2016 5:43 AM

fake handbags uk on Monday, March 28, 2016 5:44 AM
That's why we are always trying to use will power, instead of acceptance.

Minin on Saturday, April 23, 2016 1:25 PM
This free information recuperation programming can help you more, and it is absolutely Free. Proficient method, Simple operation, Attentive administration and Satisfactory results. This information recuperation programming is the best decision for you! Trust more individuals don't miss it. Thanks!

cheap fake handbags on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:25 AM

Caveman Diet on Monday, August 01, 2016 2:53 AM
The real story "hand into a fire" is really amazing to me and I think people get a lot of question answer from this story. I just love this type of story. Thank you so much.

Fake Ray Ban on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 12:03 AM
I am judging and evaluating instead of observing and accepting what is.

yils on Thursday, September 01, 2016 3:48 AM
Great effort... superb organic content. If you are interested in Salman Khan HD Wallpaper do have a look.

bragas calvin klein baratas on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 1:42 AM
Hi would you mind bragas calvin klein baratas letting me know which web host you're working

Zhou Nutrition on Saturday, December 03, 2016 2:40 AM
dieting is not actually working all the time when we are applying it to reduce our extra weight. actually we are following the wrong way to take diet. we have to take expert advice for getting result quickly.

Arshi on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:55 AM
Hi Katie. You've no idea how much you've inspired me. Thanks you

Shakra on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:58 AM

Equity profit Tips on Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:12 AM
Thank you for posting such a great and valuable information regarding Acceptance and Weight Loss